Saturday, March 7, 2009

Potential Blog Ideas

I have a few ideas on how to use this blog in my classroom but keep coming up with ways they won't work.
I would appreciate any input or even new suggestions!


(Keep in mind I teach 4th grade- all subjects).

Ideas:

1. 1 minute writing: 1-2 times each week post a 1 minute writing timer and a prompt. Students type their responses and leave them on my blog for others to comment on.
Negatives: Need email accounts…..don’t think parents would like that…one of my students recently created their own email account (secretly) and when the parents found out she got in trouble. Could have parents post w/their emails…I think parents will do their child’s response however, or might not like that.

Note: I saw http://www.gaggle.com/ which is a free school email service…I can monitor all accounts and turn filters on…parents might not ok it. Also, free version includes ads 2-3 times each month


2. Have students ask me questions on my blog
Negatives: TIME!!! (and email accounts)

3. Have parents communicate with each other/me
Negatives: Might turn into gab-fest or non-school related things, TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment