Sunday, January 24, 2010

Monitoring my GAME plan

After doing some more research and comparisons, and LARGELY by Phil Bonus’ assistance (thanks Phil!) I have decided to use wikispaces for my class wiki project. My own experience helped me to eliminate pbwiki as a contender and then the comparison tool from teachersfirst helped me to see the pros and cons between wikispaces and wetpaint. I was leaning towards wikispaces, but still unsure when luckily Phil posted about his experiences with both. While I don’t think it would have been a disaster if I picked the other choice, I am glad that I spoke to someone else who actually used them with students. I now need to re-read the chapter about wikis in my Walden text Blogs, Wikis, and Podcasts by Will Richardson. That is one of the best textbooks I’ve ever read, it isn’t dry and difficult to understand like most others. I found his classroom examples very helpful. I need to now set up a fake wiki and test it out in school. I want to make sure the sites are not blocked at school, that my students don’t need email accounts, and the look is as I want it. Now if only I could find time in the school day to do this….

1 comment:

  1. Erica

    I will be using wiki as well. I have been viewing some wikis and hoping to understand how it works. I did subscribe to one wikispaces.com.

    ReplyDelete